Sunday, October 5, 2014

Happy Sunday!

Odometer: 74,264.0

We are just outside of Whitefish, and have been for a couple of days. We have been hiking forest roads, playing with our dogs, and spending time together. For various reasons, Morgan and I hadn’t been taking the time we want to together: just talking, playing games, laughing, and enjoying each other’s company. God has given us the time and desire to dive back into our relationship, which, sadly, we had allowed to take a backseat to other concerns. No more!

So, aside from reveling in each others’ company, and enjoying the beauty of God’s creation, we haven’t been up to much. We will be heading into Glacier, tomorrow, hopefully missing any weekend surge from locals.

We had a funny thing happen, Friday. As we were working around our campsite, a strange dog came wandering up the road. He was an older yellow lab. I went outside to see what I could discover, and he immediately started jumping around, wagging his tail, and loving having a person about. He had a collar, which named him Titus (a pretty cool name, actually). We were going to call the number on the tags, but there wasn’t an area code, and we have no idea what the area code around here is.

So, I whipped out my handy dandy phone and plugged in the address that was also on the tags. It turns out it was just at the head of the forest road we camped on. Thus, we ventured forth, new puppy in tow.

We arrived at the house, which seemed to be undergoing a remodel, and found it vacant. Music playing in the shop next door led us that direction, but, alas, nothing. We knocked on doors, looked about, and called: “Hello?” but to no avail. There wasn't anyone around.

So, we leave Titus at the house, hoping he will stay, and head back to the campsite. As we go, I hear a weed-eater off in the foliage, so I walk that way. The source of the noise was a rough, but kindly, old man, working away.

I told him that we had found his dog, and he said that they often walk around in the National Forest, so Titus probably considers it part of his home. I informed him that I left his dog at his house, he thanked me, and we parted ways. Thus, our little adventure ends.

Funny added note: We were sitting in the RV yesterday, when the man with his wife, and Titus in the back, drove by. We had our windows, open, and so did they. So, after I waved, and the man waved back, I was able to hear him say, “That’s the guy who brought Titus home.”

It wasn’t a big thing, but it was entertaining to me. :-P

Well, that is all, for now, good reader. The lack of truly revolutionary, or entertaining, tales might explain the long expanse between posts. We are enjoying life, and settling into the new normal.


May the little adventures of your day leave a smile on your face and warmth in your heart.

4 comments:

  1. Important stuff, that taking time to enjoy each other!! Especially as the years go by and the kids come and go!!
    Have a fabulous time in Glacier National Park!
    Montana looks good on you two!!

    I am off on my TX trip on Tuesday late afternoon, driving to your old home town for my Wednesday flight out.

    Happy Birthday Week!!!!!

    All my love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever it is worth, I am learning to copy my posts before I push the publish button because, every time, it erases it and offers me another opportunity to comment. Fortunately, it has always published on the second time around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. published on first try this time! It must be me!!

      Delete
  3. It's nice to here the niceties that can be found in days not filled to overflowing with busyness.
    On days in which you're short on current content, you could let us know what you're thinking about the future! What lies after Glacier? This would be interesting to hear both on a micro level (next few weeks) and macro level (next few years)!

    ReplyDelete